Our office is currently open from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., Monday through Friday. We ask that you please wear a mask or face covering and sanitize hands upon entering. If you have a question or need assistance outside of office hours, our staff will respond to email on a limited schedule. For Kids Care, email Kids Care. If you have other questions please contact a staff member.
Our Commitment to You
How we will help ensure our great schools remain at the foundation of this great community during COVID-19
We know the impact caused by the school closures and the state’s lockdown measures. As a team, we stand committed, and in alignment with the Carlsbad Unified School District (CUSD),to provide the best education for your student.
After considerable thought and research, we have finalized an action plan we hope preserves the mission of our Foundation and secures programs in Music, STEAM, and Innovation for when your student returns to class. We commit to:
- Share resources and stories from our Foundation’s community to highlight the importance of educational opportunity for every student, every day.
- Develop adaptable plans for our 40+ programs to implement quickly once school resumes and ensure our students get the innovative and enriching educational experience they deserve.
- Virtually connect Kids Care staff to our families with resources to keep young students engaged and prepare enrichment activities when school resumes to help bridge the transition back to full-time curriculum.
- Continue to offer our Summer programs as scheduled. Students will choose among 50+ summer camps, attend our full-day Summer Adventure, or get ahead in school with Summer Academy courses.
- Maintain the essential operations of our Foundation remotely with our staff working limited schedules.
We at the Foundation feel grateful – and inspired – by the bright, creative minds of our District’s students. It’s a testament to how programs like elementary school music, BizTown, Science Day, Finance Park and the Student Leadership Council inspire a passion for learning. It will certainly be one of these student’s minds that will solve challenges like the ones we’re currently addressing in our society.
Your support will be even more important and vital to our schools once their doors reopen and our District gets back on its feet. As tax dollars are reallocated for recovery relief and economic stimulus packages, our Foundation will be called upon to fill the gap where state dollars fall short.
Should you be in the position, please consider making an investment in the Carlsbad Educational Foundation today in order to ensure a strong recovery for our Carlsbad students, please click here.
From the Carlsbad Educational Foundation family to yours, with gratitude and hope,
Michelle Ginn, CEO & JR Phillips, Board Chairman