COVID-19 News & Updates
Our Commitment to You
How we will help ensure our great schools remain at the foundation of this great community
It is hard to believe how different our lives look today compared to just one week ago. We recognize the disappointment and stress that looms large in our community.
It’s not easy to talk to your high school senior about their missed commemorative moments. Or to console our community’s athletes, actors and scientists whose weekly routines have changed, and much-anticipated competitions or performances have been canceled. We also understand you are trying to help your elementary school students comprehend where their teacher and classmates went – while keeping them engaged in learning.
We get it. We know the impact caused by the school closures and the state’s lockdown measures. As a team, we stand committed, and in alignment with the Carlsbad Unified School District (CUSD),to provide the best education for your student.
After considerable thought and research, we have finalized an action plan we hope preserves the mission of our Foundation and secures programs in Music, STEAM, and Innovation for when your student returns to class. We commit to:
- Share resources and stories from our Foundation’s community to highlight the importance of educational opportunity for every student, every day.
- Develop adaptable plans for our 40+ programs to implement quickly once school resumes and ensure our students get the innovative and enriching educational experience they deserve.
- Virtually connect Kids Care staff to our families with resources to keep young students engaged and prepare enrichment activities when school resumes to help bridge the transition back to full-time curriculum.
- Continue to offer our Summer programs as scheduled. Students will choose among 50+ summer camps, attend our full-day Summer Adventure, or get ahead in school with Summer Academy courses.
- Maintain the essential operations of our Foundation remotely with our staff working limited schedules.
We at the Foundation feel grateful – and inspired – by the bright, creative minds of our District’s students. It’s a testament to how programs like elementary school music, BizTown, Science Day, Finance Park and the Student Leadership Council inspire a passion for learning. It will certainly be one of these student’s minds that will solve challenges like the ones we’re currently addressing in our society.
Your support will be even more important and vital to our schools once their doors reopen and our District gets back on its feet. As tax dollars are reallocated for recovery relief and economic stimulus packages, our Foundation will be called upon to fill the gap where state dollars fall short.
Should you be in the position, please consider making an investment in the Carlsbad Educational Foundation today in order to ensure a strong recovery for our Carlsbad students, please click here.
From the Carlsbad Educational Foundation family to yours, with gratitude and hope,
Michelle Ginn, CEO & JR Phillips, Board ChairmanPrograms & Events Impacted by COVID-19
Spin for Schools
Help us maintain momentum by virtually spinning for the Carlsbad Unified School District!
All off-site student field trips through the end of March have been postponed, this immediately effected:
- 1st grade Mobile STEM visit to Kelly Elementary (scheduled for March 13)
- Two Middle School 7th grade visits to AHLF (Scheduled for March 30th and April 1)
- One 3rd grade trip scheduled for March 31st
We will decide if these programs are able to be rescheduled before the end of the school year.
- All Kids Care and SOAR before-and-after-school programs. Learn More.
- All Science Olympiad practices (held at ViaSat)
- San Diego Regional Science Olympiad Tournament (Scheduled for March 21)
- All FLL Invitational Tournaments and the FLL World’s Tournament is canceled. This directly affected three of our teams that had qualified and begun fundraising efforts.